There are things you need to know about 2019. If you’re anything like me, a reminder of these truths is nice every once in a while. So here it is, 15 Things You Need To Know for 2019:
- It’s alright, nobody won the Beyonce assistant challenge.
- Stretch, you’ll be 4 months older by the end of this year and your body will thank you.
- You can be easier on yourself.
- Shaming yourself never got you closer to your goal.
- Season your food. Thanksgiving is coming.
- On the same note, WASH YOUR CHICKEN!
- It’s okay if you’ve been vulnerable this year.
- It’s even okay if begin vulnerable didn’t yield the results you wanted.
- Lizzo killed it while rocking the flute the first 8 months! Your wildest band dreams can still come true.
- Don’t touch the black lady’s hair. And if you are said black lady, don’t let anyone touch your hair without your consent.
- You’re valuable, even if that calculator in your head tells you otherwise.
- Take after Robert F. Smith. Do good; don’t just talk about it on Instagram.
- Resist the urge to cancel the plans that will force you to interact with people you like or want to get to know.
- Call a spade a spade, stop numbing yourself with your favorite ice cream and Netflix binge. You are strong enough to face it.
- You are now 4 months closer to the new resolutions you may never keep. What do you want to do about it?
Bonus: Daylight Savings is November 3rd this year.