There are things you need to know about 2019. If you’re anything like me, a reminder of these truths is nice every once in a while. So here it is, 15 Things You Need To Know for 2019:
- It’s alright, nobody won the Beyonce assistant challenge.
- Stretch, you’ll be 4 months older by the end of this year and your body will thank you.
- You can be easier on yourself.
- Shaming yourself never got you closer to your goal.
- Season your food. Thanksgiving is coming.
- On the same note, WASH YOUR CHICKEN!
- It’s okay if you’ve been vulnerable this year.
- It’s even okay if begin vulnerable didn’t yield the results you wanted.
- Lizzo killed it while rocking the flute the first 8 months! Your wildest band dreams can still come true.
- Don’t touch the black lady’s hair. And if you are said black lady, don’t let anyone touch your hair without your consent.
- You’re valuable, even if that calculator in your head tells you otherwise.
- Take after Robert F. Smith. Do good; don’t just talk about it on Instagram.
- Resist the urge to cancel the plans that will force you to interact with people you like or want to get to know.
- Call a spade a spade, stop numbing yourself with your favorite ice cream and Netflix binge. You are strong enough to face it.
- You are now 4 months closer to the new resolutions you may never keep. What do you want to do about it?
Bonus: Daylight Savings is November 3rd this year.
This list made me laugh/smile. I do however, want to warn you and your reader DO NOT Ywash any poultry, meat, or eggs before cooking. They can all spread germs around your kitchen. Don’t wing food safety. In saying that I agree with number 5.