“To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy,to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.” 1 Corinthians 12:8-11
There are days I realize in its fullness that God has made me the way I am for a specific reason. Today is one of those days. So without getting too philosophical/theological or too wordy let me share some of them.
1. I’m well-liked but don’t quite fit in. I used to hate this about myself. “Always surrounded but never known,” I would say. I think the most basic beauty of this trait is simply this; I can relate to many but can only find the closeness I crave in Jesus.
2. I’m creative. There isn’t a week that goes by where I don’t want to make, do, sing, create, something original. I think God put that there for my own enjoyment.
3. When I want to do something, I just do it. This I didn’t realize was even a character strength until recently. Literally only by the grace of God am I able to set my mind to learn something, or experience something, or build something from the ground up and actually be crazy enough to try it. Trust me I’ve failed many times. But the failures don’t mean so much to me.
I say all on this not to toot my own horn but to point to the fact that God has specifically placed you in the spot you are with your personality for a reason. The enemy of comparison can easily rob you of your purpose by distracting you with someone else’s. Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat are all saying you’re not witty enough, you’re not pretty enough, you aren’t hipster enough, etc. The lie is that you are inferior to everyone around you. There is something you need, something you don’t have that will make your life better. Listen, your VALUE doesn’t lie there. If it does, there will always be one person who will one up you. Your value is determined by the one who created you. God has made you with divine attention and so intricately. He has made you in HIS OWN IMAGE and said it is good. You have the stamp of divinity in you.
That is miraculous.
There isn’t anything you need that God hasn’t already given you. Read Psalm 8 especially verses 3 & 4. Then read Psalm 139. In order to see yourself the way God sees you, you have to see from His perspective. Ask yourself these questions and really take time to meditate on them:
1. What is different about me?
2. What do I do most naturally?
3. What do I crave?
Get to know yourself. Understand where you came from and whose you are. The only reason I can stand today and write publicly about the things God has placed in me is because I first saw a God, perfect and way too good for me, come down and die for me. He gave me a new name and diligently placed every hair on my head, traced every line on my face. He saw me before I had eyes to see and said, “Wow…she’s good. I love her.”
QuadSquad: Ponder on that thought. Really take time to meditate. We’ll be diving in more as the weeks go on but we are laying down the ground work for great revelations. God wants to speak to you. I cant wait to hear what He says. Love you. Quaddies for lyfe!